Aqua aerobics makes you lose weight because it helps to increase the metabolism and burns up to 500 calories per hour, depending on the intensity of the exercises and class time. Thus, an individual can lose up to 1 kg per month, if you do classes 3 times a week, but if you follow a balanced diet, but low in calories can lose even more weight.
The classes last on average 50 to 60 minutes, with the height of the water close to the chest, a pleasant temperature, such as 32 degree celsius, for example. This type of activity is suitable for people of all ages, being great to practice during pregnancy or in the 3rd age.
The major benefits of water aerobics for health are:
- Help in weight lossbecause it increases the energy expenditure of the body
- Improves circulation due to increased muscle contraction and aerobic activity, and as a result, the heart works more effectively;
- Improves breathing due to the need of inspiration more profound when you perform the exercises;
- Strengthen the musclesdue to muscle contraction, improved flexibility and strength;
- Strengthen the bones because it allows a greater entry of calcium in the bones, yet that does not have much impact, as in the walk;
- To improve the flexibilityof the body due to the increase in the amplitude of the movements performed;
- Increase the capacity of motor coordinationto be performed exercises rhythmic moving arms and legs, contralateral;
- Didn’t hurt the joints, and is ideal for those who suffer with arthritis or osteoarthritis, or are very overweight;
- Decrease the heart rate and blood pressuredue to better efficiency of the work of the heart;
- Promotes well-beingbecause it improves the circulation, has no impact, there is little muscle pain after class and still allows for socializing.
To burn more calories and strengthen more muscles and joints in the movements performed during the lesson of water aerobics must be strong, and can be used for small equipment pool as the floats that can be used on the arms or legs.
Despite the exercises being carried out within the swimming pool it is important to ensure good hydration of the body by drinking water, juice, tea right before and after class.
The best time to do aerobics is when the sun is not very hot, as in the early morning and late in the afternoon, but in any case it is necessary to protect you from the sun, using sunscreen, hair caught, and, if possible, the hat of wide brim. For the woman the more clothes indicated is the swimsuit that is not out of place and allows a greater control over the movements during the lesson, for the man just a shorts beach swimwear.