The wall fabric to create a warm and comfortable atmosphere in a room. It is also a practical solution to hide the defects of a wall.
There are a wide variety of wall tissues: natural as flax, hemp or cotton, or synthetic, such as acrylic. They are available today in many colors and patterns.
The most common lay technique is known as “edging”. It is to install pre chopsticks on the framing wall, doors, windows, and a fleece. The fabric clip on the chopsticks.
The installation of wall fabric is quite complicated, since it must work carefully to fully stretch the fabric without breaking the frame.
Here are some tips to put the wall fabric.
Place The Frame Strips
To achieve supervision, using wooden rods (5 mm to 1 cm thick and about 3 cm wide).
- Paste the back rods with the neoprene adhesive and the surface if the wall is concrete.
- Apply strips along the ceiling, walls, baseboards, switches and openings.
- If necessary, cut them to size with a wood saw.
Lay The Fleece
- Determine the height of the first strip of fleece (wand to wand).
- Cut it out.
- Unfold the ladder.
- Place the first strip of fleece from the top and staple it inside the frame on as close to chopsticks wall.
Do the same on the whole wall.
Place The Fabric On The First Wall
- Determine the amount needed to cover the wall-to calculate the perimeter and add 30 cm fabric for overhangs.
- Start by stapling the fabric on the upper rods, for this:
- Unroll the fabric horizontally and place it in an angle making sure to keep a margin of 5 cm on each side.
- then staple the fabric on the ceiling strips every 2 cm or 3 cm, making sure to remove any slack.
- Staple obliquely, by reversing the inclination each time.
- Do the same on the entire top surface.
Note: If the wall fabric chosen is not available in large width, it is possible to produce strips of cloth, like wallpaper. For patterned fabrics, observe the connections.
- Then work on the lower rods:
- Stretch the fabric well, help you a spirit level to check the verticality As laying.
- Perform the stapling in the same way as for the upper rod.
- finally working sides and coaching openings without worrying for the moment of outlets, switches …
Once all of wall covered:
- Cut with a knife the excess fabric along baseboards, floor and ceiling, pulling it toward you.
- Do the same at the switches and sockets, by cutting the fabric on the cross, then sliding the cutter between the wand and covers.
- To conceal the staples, you can paste a small braid above, finishes Beading or molding…
If you do not want to put sticks in the corners, you will have to resort to the edging technique that will allow you to hide the connections of wall fabric.
As 1980s wall decals, this technique is more complicated to implement, but the final look will be much more satisfying.
Place The Card in The Corners Angléser
To cover the second wall to wall fabric, here’s how:
- Unroll your fabric sufficiently to cover your wall, keep a margin of about 5 cm on each side.
- Ask provisional staples on the top rod to keep the cloth on the first wall, the back of the wall fabric to you.
- Make a fold of tissue in the corner and staple a strip of cardboard top, wand raised before.
- Now you can fold the whole fabric on your second wall: the cardboard is covered and invisible.
- Staple the fabric on the rods as explained in step 3.
Feed Tissue Junction Above The Door
The edging technology forces you to make a connection on one of the 4 walls. usually set up this joint over a frame in an aesthetic concern (door, window frame).
This is to fold a piece of the web to be glued to the junction:
- Glue a strip from the top of the door frame and the ceiling, it will be positioned in the extension of the wand already placed on the side of the frame.
- Staple a piece of cardboard to angléser directly on the stick.
- Take the fabric and staple it to the side of the wooden stick, to form an angle.
- For the last lé temporarily staple a strip of cardboard to keep it at the joint.
- Fold the web to place the seal and paste it straddles the sheeting already asked.
- Once the glue dries, you can remove the cardboard that kept the sheeting